1. Log in to your Bidesk account. Go to the account center and click [Connect] in the Google Authenticator section.
You will be directed to the [Link Google authentication] page. Below is a guide to help you enable Google Authenticator to improve your Bidesk account.
2. Download and install the Google Authenticator in App Store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android) or QQ.
3. Scan a QR code with Google Authenticator or enter the key manually. A QR code and 16-digit key will be shown on the page.
Open your Google Authenticator app, click the symbol [+] on the bottom right-hand side to scan the QR code, or you can manually enter the '2FA 16-digit key.'
Note: The 16-digit key or QR code can be used to retrieve the Google Authenticator when the phone is replaced or lost. Make sure to save it before binding.
4. Complete binding, you will need to fill in your login password and the Google Authenticator code then click [Connect].
Q & A
Q: How do I resolve "Google checksum is incorrect" or "binding failed" issue?
- Ensure that the “Google Authenticator” app is installed in your mobile phone and works normally.
- Synchronize the time on your phone and computer.
- Ensure the password and Google Authenticator code are 100% correct.
- Ensure the "Date & Time" setting in your mobile phone is set to “automatic”.
- You can refer to the screenshots below to change the settings in your phone.
Q: How do I re-enable my Google Authenticator if I no longer have access to my previously installed Google Authenticator app？
A: If you have stored the 16-digit code or QR code that was generated when you enabled the Google Authenticator for the first time, you can re-enable your Google Authenticator by adding the key to the App manually or scan the QR code again.
If you haven't stored the backup key or QR code, you should please contact us immediately: https://bidesk.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We will help you as soon as we can.