We have provided the following tips as to how one can secure your Bidesk account:
- Use a unique email address and password for your account when creating your Bidesk account.
- Use secure password managers like KeePass or LastPass to keep track of passwords.
- Use 2FA on your Bidesk account. 2FA provides an additional layer of protection to your account in a situation where your email address and passwords are compromised.
- Cross-check the website you're visiting and make sure you are visiting https://www.bidesk.com. Be careful of phishing sites, that imitate https://www.bidesk.com and trick users into revealing personal details.
- Do not click links or open attachments in emails and always report emails you don't know the source as spam unless you are very sure the email was sent by Bidesk.
- Provide adequate security for your email account and phone using tools like PGP (pretty good privacy).
- Secure your phone or tablets, enable fingerprint or passcode lock on your phone, use a secure email provider, and use 2FA for your email account.
- Do not install unnecessary apps on your phone.
- Provide adequate security for your computer. Always be cautious of software you're installing on your computer, don’t install unnecessary software on your computer, or software from untrusted developers. If possible, consider using a dedicated computer or partition, install Linux, Chrome, a password manager plugin, and nothing else.
- Install good antivirus software on your computer, and keep it updated.
- Always make sure you use a secure internet connection. Always use a wired connection if possible. If you must use WiFi, consider routing through a VPN.
Note: Please note these tips are not thorough. On top of the above, please exercise vigilance and educate yourself further about general online security.